The jolly holiday season is upon us, and this year, we invite you to embark on a journey of adventure like never before. A world of endless possibilities with these technological marvels - the Meta Quest 3, the Insta360 GO 3, and the Insta360 X3.
In this article, we'll explore how these cutting-edge products, combined with their immersive applications, can transform your holidays into an unforgettable adventure.
Meta Quest 3: Timeless Realities
Launched in October 2023, the Quest 2’s successor wasted no time in taking the spotlight as the best consumer VR headset on the market and is a one-way ticket to a fun holiday. The below list mentions a few things you can do with the Quest 3.
1. Engage in a wide range of immersive virtual tours: Whether of locations in South Africa or international destinations, the Quest 3 library is chock full of interactive media that will enrich your knowledge of the world and your imagination.
The video below is from our exhibition at Decorex 2023 and shows the effect virtual tours can have on people. The headset being used is a Quest 2 so imagine what it’ll look like on the more powerful Quest 3.
2. Mixed Reality adventures: A major improvement the Quest 3 has over the Quest 2 is full-color passthrough, which is the ability to see your environment in full color even when the headset is on. This allows you to include digital objects in your physical space and act like they’re real. Our Quest 3 overview video offers more detail
3. Greater interactivity: Virtual reality is a form of immersive media. Unlike traditional media where you’re passive, with virtual reality you’re compelled to be more active, whether you’re watching a virtual tour, playing a game, or even engaging in productive work. This indirectly aids fitness (a bonus given holiday feasting), but, more importantly, it increases the impact and salience of the experiences you can have with a Quest 3 compared to traditional media.
Click here to purchase and learn more about the Meta Quest 3
Insta360 GO 3: A Portable Powerhouse
The Insta360 GO3 holds the moniker “the world’s tiniest action camera”. Its small size and in-the-box accessories that allow you to mount it anywhere make it perfect for on-the-go adventures. If you’re big on seamless vlogging and live streaming, the Insta360 GO 3 is the perfect companion for you.
In addition to being extremely portable, the Insta360 GO 3 offers a slew of features that make your content creation seem pro-level, even if you’re an amateur. We’ve listed a few of those below:
- Voice Control: Even if your hands are occupied, you can use your voice to start recording.
- An Action Pod that serves as a screen, extends the camera’s battery life to 3 hours from 60 minutes and allows for remote recording for up to a distance of 5m/16ft
- Automatically create vlogs with music, text, and themes added.
- AI Editing: Quick, easy editing in the Insta360 app with an intuitive interface and AI editing tools.
Click here to purchase and learn more about the Insta360 GO 3
Insta360 X3: The most versatile 360 camera around
The Insta360 X3 goes beyond the GO 3 and combines 360 capture with being an action camera. Basically, you can capture your entire surroundings with one click and without moving. The video below gives more clarity
The Insta360 X3 doesn’t have an action pod and doesn’t last as long as the GO 3 in terms of battery life, but it offers:
1. Sharper videos: The Insta360 X3 shoots 360 videos in 5.7K resolution and traditional videos in 4K resolution compared to the GO 3’s 2.7K resolution (although the GO 3’s video handle details and lighting are better)
2. 360 capture: The Insta360 X3 is 360 action camera, the GO 3 is a traditional action camera
3. Unique video effects: Courtesy of its 360 capture the X3 can shoot videos with edits and angles you won’t find on any other camera, e.g. bullet time effect, etc.
4. Perfect image stabilization: The GO 3’s small size means it relies entirely on digital image stabilization as opposed to the X3 which possesses a 6-axis gyroscope in addition to digital image stabilization features.
5. AI Editing: Quick, easy editing in the Insta360 app with an intuitive interface and AI editing tools.
The X3 and GO 3 are made for creators who want to test the limits of video capture and shooting angles. The GO 3’s small size and easy mounting allows you to take it anywhere and shoot from impossible angles, while the X3’s 360 capture and image
Watch our review of the Insta360 X3 to learn more about the camera
NOTE: The Insta360 X3 is currently on sale. If you’re a content creator we recommend you try out our starter bundle. Otherwise, check out our Insta360 X3 collection so you can browse the specific accessories you wish to add to your purchase.
So, pick your choice, or pick all, either way, you’re enriching your holiday experience.