What if you, a real estate agent or property manager, found out that you could give clients a comprehensive property tour, without having to leave your home, or even meet in person? And that you could do this in 11 simple steps?
It’s a good sign, if your immediate response is, “how do I get one?”. It means you understand the significance of providing leads with immersive and engaging experiences. And that you want to make more while doing less, which is always the goal.
If you’re new to the concept of virtual tours, watch the video below. If not, read on to learn how you can make a virtual tour of your property that suits your goals.
Step 1: Define Your Objectives and Scope
- Identify the purpose of the virtual tours (e.g., property sales, rentals). This lets you know if a virtual tour is what you need in the first place, or if you’d be better off with regular images.
Step 2: Purchase/Rent a 360 camera
- While there are many options to choose from, the camera you eventually use should account for the scope of your project, i.e., size of the building/rooms, time of filming, etc.
- You can also consult with us - as experts in XR technology, we can advise on what equipment to purchase and we also offer rentals. Alternatively, you could hire us to create the virtual tour as well. Book a consultation here
Step 4: Plan the Tour Flow
- Organize the virtual tour to guide viewers smoothly through the property. The following bullet points offer tips on what to consider when organizing the tour.
- Visualize/document what the tour path will look like; which rooms or hallways will appear and in what order.
- Ensure the camera is at eye level, the general recommendation is the average height in your region.
- Use HDR mode to help your camera capture more detail especially in areas where there are different light sources and thus multiple bright and shadowy spots
- Use a tripod
- Determine where you want to host the virtual tour; whether on your company website, social media platforms (Facebook and YouTube support virtual tour hosting) or on a 3D scanning platform. Some platforms like Matterport allow you to set the virtual tour on autoplay so it looks like a video walkthrough; this is nifty in the event that a client demands for video as well.
Step 5: Create the Virtual Tour
- There’s a wide variety of options to use to create virtual tours. In fact most modern 360 cameras, e.g, The Insta360 X3, come with apps that allow you to seamlessly create virtual tours. There are even free apps that allow you to create virtual tours with your smartphone, if you’re that desperate (recommendation is to use an actual 360 camera for best results).
- Include hotspots or interactive elements for navigation and additional information. Matterport also allows you to measure the length of walls in all directions..
Step 6: Optimize for User Experience
- Test the virtual tour on various devices (desktops, mobiles, VR headsets) to ensure compatibility.
- Optimize loading times and ensure smooth transitions between scenes.
Step 7: Implement Security Measures
- If necessary, implement access controls to protect sensitive information.
- Ensure the tour's privacy settings align with the company's policies.
Step 9: Test and Review
- Thoroughly review the virtual tour for accuracy, completeness, and functionality.
- Gather feedback from internal stakeholders and make any necessary improvements.
Step 10: Launch and Promote
- Publish the virtual tour via your preferred channel, i.e., company website, social media, or 3D scanning website. Most virtual tour apps allow you to either share as a link or an embed, or to download the virtual tour file and load on a virtual reality headset.
- Promote the tours through social media, email newsletters, and other marketing efforts.
Step 11: Monitor Analytics and User Engagement
- Track user interactions, time spent on the tour, and conversion rates. Matterport offers analytics with its Matter traffic service.
- Use analytics to continuously improve the virtual tour experience.
Now that you have the insider knowledge on creating captivating virtual tours, it's time to take action and lead the way in the real estate industry. Don't miss the chance to impress your clients, elevate your property sales, and stay ahead of the competition. If you feel you need professional assistance, contact us to discuss your ideas, we’ll surely respond.